US cotton apparel imports
The latest data from the Commerce Department show that US imports of cotton apparel during the first nine months of this year were valued at US$30.156 billion, marking an increase of 3.2 percent from the same period of 2018.
China remained by far largest supplier, accounting for nearly 23 percent of the total, but nevertheless showed a year-on-year decline of over ten percent. The next three suppliers – Vietnam, Bangladesh and India – posted growth of 12.0, 8.5 and 10.4 percent, respectively, while Indonesia in fifth place managed a more modest increase of 1.4 percent.
- Southwest sales dominate on The Seam
- ICE No. 2 cotton settles mixed
- Inclement weather reported from West Texas to SE US
- ICE cotton under pressure
- Grower sales continue to rise on The Seam
- Wintry conditions forecast for W Texas; another round of rain expected in southern US
Posted in: Cotlook Headlines