Pakistan: local cotton prices remain steady
Stable conditions have prevailed in the local cotton market. As expected, yesterday’s rise in New York futures has added support to domestic rates and ginners have continued to be tight sellers. Furthermore, seed cotton prices have remained firm and growers have not been willing to release stocks below their asking prices.
The bulk of business for Sindh and Punjab lint has been reported in a range of around Rs. 9,000/9,650 per maund, ex-gin, depending on the quality specifications. Mills have covered additional volumes cautiously, trying not to chase prices any higher.
- Pakistan: nominal asking prices for 2019/20 crop unchanged
- Pakistan: dull domestic market continues
- Pakistan: business in early seed cotton arrivals
- Pakistan: dull local market
- Pakistan: local cotton market opens following the end of Eid
- Pakistan: holiday mood prevails
Posted in: Cotlook Headlines